Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Night Special

I'm not sitting around the house moping or feeling sorry for myself, but I am a bit sad because I am no longer coupled. As the old adage goes, "I can do bad all by myself," I'm doing pretty bad.

I've been going out every week, three nights a week to do something that my roommate and I call "Meet & Greet".

How to Meet & Greet
-Scan the weekly news rags for social events.
-Highlight anything that might have free or greatly reduced beer, food or insane give-a-ways.
-Put together a smokin' outfit even if you're dead tired after working all day or hungover from the night before.
-Text other eligible, single male/female friends to tell them where the Meet & Greet is to go down.

It's important to go to the same establishments week after week, but on a rotating schedule. it's also important to add new venues at least once a month so you can say, "Hey, remember when we went to XXXX's? That place sucked." Or "We go to XXXX's all of the time" even though you've only been there once.

I'm looking up places to go tonight and I get this message:

My name is Liz, and I am a casting assistant from Los Angeles, working on a new series for Magical Elves Productions. We are the same company that produces Top Chef and Project Runway.

We are currently developing a new documentary series for the Lifetime Network on the subject of arranged marriage, and we're
looking for singles aged 25- 45 who are looking to commit to a lifelong partnership, getting married with the help of their friends and/or family.

www.ArrangedMarriageTV.com

Even if this isn't for you, we'd love it if you could help us spread the word. Think you know of a group or dating service that would pass this on? Let us know! Have any ideas of places we can talk to that cater to the marriage minded crowd? Send us an email!

If you are interested in finding out more, we would love to talk to you. The goal of the show is to help the participants find love and happiness in a committed relationship, and we're committed to treating everyone with respect. This is not a dating or an elimination series, it is a show on the subject of arranged marriage. It’s not for everyone, but if this sounds intriguing to you, we'd love to talk to you!

Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience, and I'd be happy to give you more details.

I think I'd rather be fruitless and Meet & Greet.

No comments: