Sunday, August 24, 2008

More things to think about:

I'm a registered Republican, but I've only ever voted Democrat. My 1st election was in 2000. I was physically sick for about 2 weeks following the reports of pregnant chads, hanging indentations, or whatever else the voting results garnered. I didn't go to class for a whole week. I didn't rise from my bunk bed I shared with my roommate. I ate canned spaghetti-Os and Zesta saltines. I was glued to CNN. I was pathetic.

I couldn't believe all of the controversy and crap surrounding the election. I had a small (Okay, HUGE) crush on Al Gore and I didn't like seeing him look sad and haggard during that whole debacle. He is one of my top 10 people that I want to meet. I wrote an essay about him for a class in college. Something along the lines of "he one of the smartest people on earth. Yes, he did invent the Internet. I believe him. Every word that comes out of his mouth is golden..." Yeah, jaded was I.

I also couldn't believe there weren't uprisings in the streets! I mean, of all the states in the union to have voting issues, Florida? Jeb Bush's state? The only state in the union in which W's brother was the governor? Puh-Leeeeeeeeese! I am still surprised there hasn't been an investigation. I mean a REAL one that costs millions of billions of dollars. Attack W like Kenn Starr did Clinton. Produce a 700-page report about that, you fuckers.

Oh, I forgot. A Republican is in office. Crap.

Just spend millions of billions of dollars fucking up other countries' lives. Yeah. That'll work.


I'm an Obama girl. I went to one of the three local Dem offices last week and paid $2 for a bumper sticker. I'm going to a picnic next week to meet & greet with fellow dems in m district. Yeah...I'm a dork. I might go canvassing next Sunday. I'm only doing it to widen my social circle though.

So, I was/am/will always be an avid Gilmore Girls fan. I watched it every Tuesday night, watch it Monday through Friday at 11 am or 5 pm on ABC Family channel. I have all 7 seasons, three books, and... a small obsession. During the last episode, Rory got a job as an online reporter for Obama's campaign. This morning, I realized that Rory still has her job. How did the producers know? Of all the candidates, they picked Obama and the's the only one left. How crazy is that? No, no...how AWESOME is that? I love thinking about how little Rory still has her job in TV land :)

When all of the politico campaigns started jumping off, I was really into Mitt Romney. I woke up one day....and he was gone :( There was no reason for it. His campaign was going fine. I was kind of mad.

It's like going to Orlando and NOT going to Disneyworld. Or MGM. Or Universal.

So now I'm flummoxed...John McCain may pick my man, Mitt, as his running mate. Whoa.

What am I to do?

I better start reading up on John McCain then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki,

Electing a vice president kinda presumes the need to assassinate the top billed dude, just to get to the real meat.

People born in Orlando wouldnt be caught dead in DisGMversal....

Ill be voting against the worse candidate. It the only American choice.

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

Either way, I feel less informed every day. Can't thee be a pamphlet they give you when you turn 18 explaining things? Rules and regulations? Rights and privileges? Hmmm?

I wish I had an inkling of what I'm doing.

glamah16 said...

I confess a long time ago I reistered Republican( Before W, I never got on that Clinton Bandwagon). This time I am proudly voting Democrat. Its nice to see more of us however who are free in our thinking and dont always follow the staus quo as expected.