Thursday, August 14, 2008

Revelation To The World

So... I'm single again.



I've been trying to hide it (or at least not talk about it) for the past six months now. I left my husband in January and haven't looked back.



I left because I needed to show him:



1) that I was serious

2) that he should have listened to me when I said we should go to counseling

3) that I am tired of dragging his ass around while I meet and greet my personal and professional goals

4) that I need to be with someone who can pay me a complement higher than, "You're a good person."

5) that I need to be with someone who doesn't (attempt to) tell me what to do.



It took me about a year to leave him. I stayed with my mom until March and then moved in officially with a friend.



In North Carolina, you have to be physically separated for a year before one can file for divorce. I believe we've been separated longer than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((HUG))

There's nothing like having peace of mind. You deserve someone who is your equal.

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

{{Thank you}}. I appreciate your kind words.