Friday, August 15, 2008

Just In Case...

...because you never know.

Rules To Follow In Case Of Police Raid
found on http://lizseymour.wordpress.com

• Do not invite the police in; step outside and close the door if the police want to hold a conversation. If there are other people in the house make them aware that the police are here. If the police say they have a warrant ask to see it but do not at that point resist the search. After saying “I do not consent to this search,” stand aside and maintain your right to remain silent. Do not answer any questions.

• One of the household residents can tell you where the house video camera is. It will have a blank tape in it. In case of a police search please tape or ask someone else to tape as much as you can.

• If you are being arrested or detained do not resist, but calmly ask on what basis you are being held. Don’t volunteer any information or answer any questions except when you are asked to identify yourself. Don’t address other people in the house by name; let them decide how they want to identify themselves.

2 comments:

MrsSaditty said...

I teach my step-sons tip #3 and actually printed this post for them. For reasons, I won't go into, we need to educate ourselves on these things,

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

You are right, my friend. You are definitely right.

I got stopped by a police officer two nights ago leaving a bar. I was scared, but I remembered very quickly not to make any sudden movements and to only answer when spoken to (my inspection sticker is expired. Oops!) and everything was fine. The officer was professional, as was I.